Friday, January 22, 2016

I had a Dream //

This week has been quite eventful. My best friend joined the army and this weekend was the last time I'll see him for a loooong time and I won't hear from him for about 9 weeks... He's off to basic training. Brian is now living out his life dream to do what is right for our country.
Please pray for his safety as he is gone and his family as they worry and miss him extremely, especially his sweet mama.


This weekend started out with a very fun sleepover with one of my forever friends. This girl resides out in California and she is also living out her life dream to be in the entertainment world and boy oh boy is she good at it! She was able to make it in this weekend to see all her friends, including me, and on Friday, she planned for us to have a slumber party. Side note: I'm not sure why on earth they're called sleepovers or slumber parties because NO ONE SLEEPS. Okay, back to the topic at hand... Marisa is a very busy girl so Friday night I went to her house around 10pm. She had texted me earlier and had told me to bring clothes to model in like I was a professional, she had gotten a new camera and was so excited to have a muse. So off I came with three outfits and we began. She was a professional. She even did my hair and make up at 2am, what a gem she is.



Saturday, we took a small road trip down to Chattanooga for the most beautiful wedding of my brothers best friend, Austin. It was lovely and the dance floor was a blast! We had the best time celebrating their marriage as we all share the dream to someday marry the love of our lives and we pray their's is blessed.


Sunday, we headed to church and lunch with my dad's parents and then packed up and headed to Alabama to see Brian off. We went to evening church services with them and wendy's for dinner. Then like always when at the Shaw house, we had tons of dessert, drank our weight in coffee and stayed up giggling and reminiscing into the wee hours of morning.

Monday, stayed for Brian's goodbye lunch and then headed back home to good ole Murfreesboro. Mom and I had been everywhere it felt like by the time we got home and it didn't end there. We had a ladies Bible study to wrap up the long weekend.

I am just so blessed by all my friendships and family. They all mean so much to me and I am beyond thankful for them all. I pray that everyone keeps their eyes on their dreams this year. Special thanks to MLK for the long weekend!
*** Please keep Brian, Marisa, and the newly weds "The Coley's" in your prayers.***
Xoxo, R.


No comments:

Post a Comment