Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pending Social Media Cleanse

  In January I plan to do a social media fast to focus more on God. I have decided it'll last 21 days, because that's how long it takes to break a habit. So no worries, I'll be back in time for the wedding. 
  I've heard of this before, but never really considered doing one. I was reading an article called 6 habits of Christians. It hit me then how much time I really do spend on social media. I check it when I first wake up, throughout the day when I'm bored, and spend hours at night pinning, tweeting, and liking endless photos. What if I focused all this time on God? 
  So starting in Janurary, every time I feel the erg to send a tweet or post an amazing Instagram picture, I'll head to my Bible instead. I'm hoping that this will be helpful. I know if I follow through, it will make for a much better life. I obsess over ever social media post. I get excited when I get a certain amount of likes or if I'm snapchatting a humorous video. However, I am very interested to see how my relationship with God grows. 
  During my fast, I will be checking only emails, text messages, phone calls, soroity post (so I know about meetings & events), and Facebook messenger for my dog, baby, and house sitting customers.
  Please wish me luck and pray for me that I stay devoted to my decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment