Monday, December 7, 2015

Can't go back, but you can look

As my third semester of college comes to a slow end, I have been reflecting over who I am, what I've learned, and where I am heading. Deep, I know. 

Who I am or am becoming: this semester has been very challenging for me and I'm not certain why. I started off the semester as a cheerleader, but those days ended faster than they started. After that, it all was a downward spiral. I'm not sad about it at all, everything happens for a reason & I was terrified to fly. And I know my mother was scared too. 

This semester I also took the hardest classes I've taken in a lonnnnnggg time. I've learned how to memorize and study harder than before, and PLAN. I've become a perfectionist. I plan everything. But it has made me who I am, and I enjoy planning out my days, weeks, and months. I carry my monogrammed Lilly Pulitzer planner with me almost everywhere. If I lost it, I wouldn't be able to function. Even with my planning obsession, I still find the time to majorly procrastinate. This semester I have been the worst about it. I don't know if it was because I didn't like my classes or if I just didn't really care but some how I managed to come out on top, with mostly A's & B's. 

This semester I became a teacher. I officially declared my major as child growth & learning aka elementary education with a minor in marketing because I love marketing and it could someday be useful. I am very excited to start next semester as an eduction major & see where my journey takes me. 

I've learned: life isn't always easier. In fact, it's hard. And most of the time you want to ignore all your responsibility and curl up in a ball, cry, or watch Netflix. I've learned that somedays you just need a coffee from Starbucks, an iccee from speedway, and chili cheese tots from sonic. And that its okay to do what you love. 

Where I'm headed: I don't know exactly but I'm on my way to be a teacher, get my masters, and one day have my own classroom. I also decided this semester that in the summer of 2016 I will be headed to hondurous for a week with my church family to spread God's word and I'm beyond excited for this adventure. Another exciting thing that I'm going to start over winter break is Bible journaling. Lately, I've been putting off studying my Bible and I think that journaling will help me to get back on track with where I want to be Spiritually. 

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment